After a lot of rumours and endless speculations, Samsung Galaxy S4 was finally unveiled in New York. The first reviews and specifications have come in for Galaxy S4. The market was abuzz and Galaxy S4 was launched in US soil which is the home ground for Apple. This time, Galaxy S4 will be coming with all major U.S. service providers. It release date is in 55 countries at the end of April including countries like India, U.S., Brazil, etc.
The Key features and full specifications of Samsung Galaxy S4 are:
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 1.9 GHz quad core processor/ 1.6 GHz octa-core processor, 2 GB RAM (varies with region)
- 5 inch full HD Super AMOLED display of 1920×1080 pixels, 441 ppi
- 13 MP primary camera with LED Flash, 1080p video ; 2 MP secondary camera, 1080p@30fps video
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0+EDR with A2DP, GPS, MicroUSB 2.0
- NFC, IR LED, LTE
- 16/32/64 GB internal storage; 64 GB external storage
- 2600 mAh battery
The design of Samung Galaxy S4 looks similar to Galaxy S3 and comes in two colors of white and black livery. The phone is more flattened and is sleeker and lighter than Galaxy S3. But do not expect to see a radical change in this new flagship. Though the screen size is bigger of 5 inches, the length is still same. It has 5-inch1080p display and is being called as “full HD Super AMOLED” with 441 ppi pixel density. It has Corning Corilla Glass3 Protection.
It is one of the few to get Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS when it will be released in April. Samsung Galaxy S4 sports two types of processors – one is 1.9 GHz quad-core processor and the other is 1.6 GHz octa-core processor. Its not known yet that which region will be getting quad core and octa-core. It has 2 GB RAM making operations super fast.
The camera is a 13 MP primary one for Galaxy S4 while the secondary camera is of 2 MP. This time, Samsung has devised some interesting features in Galaxy S4. The primary camera is capable of taking 100 shots in 4 seconds and then consolidate them to form an image without photo bombs. “Sound and Shot” feature of Galaxy S4 allows you to record audio before you take a snap. Then there is “dual camera” mode where Galaxy S4 takes snap with both front and rear camera and then merges into one.
It has connectivity features of WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LTE Cat3 and NFC. There is comeback of remote control features and Galaxy S4 has IR blaster becoming one of them.Thus the Samsung Galaxy S4 specifications of a powerful processor allows for faster browsing. The battery power is 2600 mAh making a wholesum amount of power for this huge device.
Apart from the general features, Galaxy S4 has also come with new innovative softwares:
1) Smart Pause–It will pause a playing video if you look away from the screen and it will resume when you return to look at the screen.
2) Smart Scroll –Here Galaxy S4 lets you move through web pages even when you are not looking.
3) S Voice Drive –It takes voice commands for you and operates as commanded. This will help in case you cannot use your hands as in while driving and can give voice commands to Galaxy S4 and it will oblige.
4) Optical Reader –It is used on business cards. Galaxy S4 can perform operations such as calling the number on the card or translating the text.
5) WatchON – It enables IR blaster so that you can use Galaxy S4 as a remote for controlling other devices.
6) Group Play –This is interesting as you can combine various phones to use them as a stereo speaker and play music with it.
7) S Health –This is an excellent software developed by Samsung. It can sense your fitness level and monitor the surroundings. You can use it to follow your fitness regime, there is also the ability to combine with other Samsung accessories.
8) Air View – You can read messages or see images etc. by just hovering your finger over the screen. You don’t have to actually touch it.
9) Air Gesture –It lets you operate the music player, scroll or answer calls without touching the screen. This will be very useful if your hands are dirty and you cannot touch the screen.
10) There is a feature of instant translation between 10 languages for Galaxy S4.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Price and Availability
The release of Galaxy S4 is at the end of April. The price details have not been let out yet. Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in India is also set at the end of April.
After the launch of Samsung Galaxy S4 in U.S. Samsung is looking to capitalize the U.S market and out number Apple. Last year, the iPhone5 had exceeded sales in U.S. over Galaxy S3.Galaxy S4 will be facing competition from the HTC flagship HTC One and Sony’s Xperia Z. As a true flagship, Galaxy S4 has the specifications that wowed us and it does live up to its expectations and dazzled us with its array of new features. We are more than excited when we would be able to hold it in our own hands and awaiting its release at the end of April.
What did you think of Samsung Galaxy S4, did it fulfill your expectations? Or had you expected better than this. Let us discuss in the comments below.
Latest posts by Vicky Kumar (see all)
- Android Or Windows Phone: Who is on back-foot? - May 2, 2013
- Hostgator Hosting Review And Flat 30% Off Hostgator Coupon - May 1, 2013
- Top 10 Best Android Tablets Under ₹15,000 - April 28, 2013