Samsung ATIV Tab was launched at the IFA 2012 featuring Widows RT and is a true tablet in many senses. It is a union between Microsoft and Samsung and we have yet to see how it turns out. The features that were showcased are reviewed here.
- It has Microsoft Windows RT and it serves as an alternative for Microsoft Surface RT which will also be releasing soon. It is powered by 1.5 GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor. Windows RT has features such as battery efficient, made for ARM based devices and can include additional storage. The big brother i.e. Windows Pro is more oriented for higher performance and uses Intel series processors.
- The build is quite impressive even though it is mostly made out of plastic. The design resembles Galaxy tablet except for the Windows logo made of metal in the front. The two speakers are similar to that in Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab 2. Even the back pattern is reminder of the Galaxy S3 hyperglaze finish. The absence of metal in its build does not affect its beauty at all and ATIV Tab looks fabulous.
- The ATIV Tab sports a 10.1 inch HD screen with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels and the pixel density is 155 ppi. The display is very crisp and it looks elegant. The viewing is great even at an angle and the details are visible which is pretty good for a tablet. Also the panel is of PLS LCD technology keeping the display nice and bright. The tablet has a thickness of 8.9 mm which is quite decent for any tablet. Even after these specifications, ATIV Tab is quite light weighing 570g and doesn’t bother you if you have been holding it for a long time.
- The ports have been added generously and Samsung ATIV Tab is perfectly connected with its property to connect to printers, mouse, keyboard via USB and HDMI port. The presence of full sized USB port makes it perfect for connecting with dongles, mouse and other devices. There is slot for microSD cards too to increase the storage area. There is NFC
- The camera specification for Samsung ATIV Tab is 5 MP with a 1.9 MP secondary front camera. There is a special feature wherein you can take pictures by tapping on the screen at any place thus making it easy to click photos.
- This tablet comes in sizes of 32 GB and 64 GB. It bundles Windows 8, Office Home and Student 2013 RT thus having the latest version of Word, Excel and OneNote helping us better the way we do things. The RAM is of 2 GB.
Though early, Samsung ATIV Tab does look to be a good contender with its 8200 mAh battery backup, great display and features. Its gonna be a good competition as to whether iPad, Microsoft Surface RT or ATIV Tab steals the show with the ATIV Tab scheduled to come by October 26th, 2012. Though all depends on its price which is not yet known.
Latest posts by Vicky Kumar (see all)
- Android Or Windows Phone: Who is on back-foot? - May 2, 2013
- Hostgator Hosting Review And Flat 30% Off Hostgator Coupon - May 1, 2013
- Top 10 Best Android Tablets Under ₹15,000 - April 28, 2013